My goals for March were:
I managed to eat the ones in red!
Eating seasonally: So the foods in season in March, that I would probably eat, consist of:
- Carrots, Cauliflower, Kale, Leeks, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Rhubarb, Parsnips, Spring Onions and Spring Green Cabbage.
- Bananas, Blood Oranges, Kiwis, Pineapple, Mango and Apricot.
- Rabbit, Turkey and Spring Lamb (not sure about Rabbit to be honest).
- Sole, Eel, Hake, Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Scallops, Shrimp, Mackerel, Crab and Sardine.
- La Potee (French Farmhouse Soup with Bacon, Sausage and Beans)
- Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Mussels with Garlic Stuffing
- Chinese Stir-fried Prawns with Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Cashews
- Chicken Baked with 30 Cloves of Garlic
- Spanish Pork Stew with Potatoes and Chorizo
- Penne with Leeks and Bacon
- Pile-it high Orange and Rhubarb Meringue Pie
- Salmon Coulibiac
- Traditional Lancashire Hotpot
Go on 1 date night - Funds just did not permit this one.Plant some herbs - I nearly did this but didn't want to kill them.
Finally decorate my toilet room - I made a start on this so I'm crossing it off
I am going to roll some of these over to April!!!