Thursday 1 January 2015

A Fresh New Year

I have lost count of how many times over the years I have written a post entitled something along the lines of "brand new start" and proceeded to write a short and boring post about reviving blogging. 

2014 has had its difficult and trying moments for my family and I but there have also been some lovely moments I wish I had documented better. My son is growing up faster than I could have ever imagined and so 2015 is going to be my year. I am determined to be organised and focus on living my life for the happy moments and keeping a record of those happy moments, be that through blogging, photos or beyond.

Instead of writing yet another of those boring "I am going to revive my blog posts" I am just going to outline some of my goals for 2015 and then the world wild web can hold me responsible for working towards achieving them!

Starting with goals regarding blogging and other social media...

  • Take part (and complete) FatMumSlim's monthly Photo-a-Day challenges on Instagram
  • Blog regularly about things I genuinely like... I am a person who thrives on routine, I am always more likely to be successful at keeping things going if I have a routine.  One way I have decided to transfer this to my blogging is to have regular topics on certain days.  Some of the topics I have come up with include... Meal Plan Monday, Meat Free Monday, Mummy Monday, Weekly Wears Wednesday, What I Ate Wednesday, Thrifty Thursday, Filofax Friday, Foodie Friday, Fashion Friday, Style Saturday (Fashion) and Style Sunday (Home). I dare say I will come up with more in time and if there are any you guys can suggest or would like to see please let me know in the comments below.
Goals relating to health I am aiming to achieve this year are...
  • Give up all alcohol (not that I drank very much anyway)
  • Give up all refined sugar 
  • Ensure I am hydrating properly everyday (I am pretty good at drinking plenty of water so this one shouldn't be too difficult)
  • I would like to get back to running 4 times a week but with our lives the way the are at the moment this is not such an attainable goal but you never know!
Goals relating to my home and personal life (including parenting) are...
  • Use my planner (Filofax) and calender to organise my schedule more effectively.  I am going to be delving a little bit into the FlyLady world
  • Budget more effectively and stick to it, I am thinking of giving the cash envelope system a go
  • Complete the 52 week saving challenge
  • Meal plan more thoroughly to save money on groceries and waste less
  • Plan an engaging activity for my Son every day and set aside some time to focus solely on that.  I find so many great ideas on The Imagination Tree
  • Read a chapter a day
What goals, changes, challenges and resolutions have you all made for 2015 or have you decided not to?  I'd love to hear!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my first Filofax Friday post.

No comments: