Thursday 4 December 2008

Featured Seller: Auntifranni

1. Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff.
Hi, I am Fran from sunny Spring Hill Florida. I have been married to Rob for 26 years and we have 2 grown kids Robert 24 and Nicole 20. Oh yeah dont forget Rocket our oversized Pomeranian of 9 years. I help run the Etsy Florida Street Team as well as the medical support group for Primary Immune Deficiencies.
2. What first made you want to become an artist/designer?
I got into embroidery by accident. I was looking for a new machine to do my quilting on and talked to a friend of mine asking her what she thought of her Brother machine. She said I love it but have no time to use it. You want to buy it from me. She handed over her embroidery machine with all the thread and memory cards that she had and a new love was born. 6 years later I have made 2 baby quilts and probably hundreds if not near thousands of embroidered items.
3. How do you promote your work?
I dont work hard at promoting my work.
I make sure to list/relist daily. Twitter has been an effective tool. Remember when using twitter you go outside the Etsy and Artfire networks. You want outsiders to see your work not just the people that know about Etsy/Artfire.

4. In 10 years I would like to be...
hugging and smooshing grandkids and embroidering items for them.

Check out her lovely work at: http://www.auntifranni.etsy.com/

Here's a taster:

No comments: